– What made you decide that you wanted to blog?
I started my first blog “I Say Hella” back when I decided on a very out-of-the-blue whim that I was going to leave California behind and move to NYC. I’d never even been to NYC, and only knew one person here so it was going to be a huge leap. I started the blog to chronicle the adventure, it was awesome. I love reading my old posts to see my transformation into a New Yorker.
– What do you feel is your greatest inspiration? Has it changed you or your writing, in any way?
Humans are a great inspiration…just how they interact and such. I love to observe people. My blog has been “distracted” with the details of my love life, but that’s not really what I want my blog to be. My greatest inspiration is and will always be the women who raised me. My amazingly strong mother, my grandmother (who served as my other parent and recently passed away) and my big sister. Love em all.
– Orange or grape soda?!
I’m siding with Kel Mitchel on this one buddy….Orange all the way. I VERY rarely drink soda that isn’t mixed with licka…but if I had to choose I’d be on that orange, no doubt!
HA! I’m gonna get you for this one… Well to make a long story short, I met Cynthia Nixon in an elevator at the Marriot in Times Square once and as a GIANT Sex and the City fan I lost it. I was already beyond drunk at the time and as soon as she stepped in the elevator I began to BALL… she was not amused and I couldn’t even find the words to tell her how I think she’s an amazing actress. Big fail.
– It has come to my attention that there are more black hockey players than there are black ice cream men. I find this stunning fact to be FUCKIN HILARIOUS. How does this make you feel about what’s going on in the ice cream man industry. Do less kids chase a black guy in a funny looking van? Does the ice cream make anyone catch a “contact”? Please explain your feelings in excruciating detail.
This is a hard hitting issue. I definitely think that if they let ice cream truck drivers pull over and box each other in the middle of the street like they do in the NHL we’d see a major incline. Let’s start an initiative and put that mess on You Tube. :)
– If you were to have 3 superpowers, what would they be and why?
First and foremost I’d need douche-bag radar. I’d need to automatically be able to tell who is a douche-bag within 30 seconds of meeting them. That would save me SO much wasted effort. Next I’d want built in wi-fi…this might sound randomly nerdy but I can’t tell you how much I’d love to be able to connect to the internet from ANYWHERE. And of course, the ability to shit gold. I mean….why is this not a more popular super power?
– Why Blam-bloo-zers??
(smile) A conversation with my beloved late grandmother last year went like this: “So have you started working on that novel your dedicating to me?” “Not yet Gram, I’m so uninspired right now…” “Well practice makes perfect. Get your ideas out on paper, just start writing anything. Write something every day.” “Like my blog you mean?” “Yep, write your blambloozers.” “My what?” “Your blambloozers.”
So the blog name was born.
– A guy just meets you. He acts friendly. You exchange contact information. 20 minutes later he sends you a picture of his wing-wang? What do you do? Do you ignore him, reply in disgust, put his business out into the internet, or send him a penis picture and tell him that’s yours and that you’d love to party with him?
Lmao!!!! I love that last suggestion. But lets just assume any man ballsy enough (excuse my pun) to send out his willy to a stranger is probably packin heat. So after forwarding it to all my girlfriends, I’d probably find his Facebook page, request him as a friend, wait a few days and then post the picture on his wall with a caption, “Your d*ck wasn’t worth the herpes.”
– What’s your favorite genre of music? Favorite 3 songs??
I love old school music the most..by FAR. My modern choice is alternative, soul and some hip hop (Mos Def)..but my top three favorite songs would be: Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson, No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley and Unchain My Heart by Ray Charles. Classics never die.
– What do you see as your weirdest habit or quirk?
When I’m alone I talk to myself in an English accent. The most random dialogue and for no other reason than to entertain myself. I’ve NEVER done it in front of another person lol.
Craving some more LoLo? Yeah I knowknow. You can find her and all her magical kick-ass-ness at http://blambloozers.wordpress.com/